We work to achieve the following objectives:
- an independent Lebanon that is the final homeland of all its citizens, and that belongs to its Arab surrounding.
- a democratic Lebanon where public liberties, especially freedom of opinion and belief, are respected.
- a “Lebanon” that is committed to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights where international resolutions and conventions are fully respected.
reaching/accessing the civil state.
- a Lebanese state where law and institutions rule everywhere.
- to achieve social justice through economical growth that provides employment opportunities for all Lebanese.
- adoption of administrative decentralization.
- providing free medical care and, developing public education at all levels to match private education.
- setting off the role of women.
- developing the methodology of the Arab conflict with Israel.
I. an independent Lebanon that is the final homeland of all its citizens, and that belongs to its Arab surrounding
- Lebanese Option Party is committed to a one, independent, Arab Lebanon whose borders are internationally recognized.
- LOP believes in the need to open the borders among Arab countries and the establishment of a common economic union among them similar to the European Union, while maintaining the privacy of each country. However, this Union will not be achieved except under modern democratic, political and sophisticated systems based on the relations among institutions, away from the mood of relations among the Arab rulers and leaders.
II. A democratic Lebanon where public liberties, especially freedom of opinion and belief, are respecte
Lebanese Option believes that the Lebanese Constitution guarantees the freedom of opinion and belief.
Therefore, this Constitution must be abided by, literary and in essence.
Developed and advanced countries in the world have achieved their development by adopting the energy of their people, which is the most important wealth and resource.
This energy cannot explode and manifest itself except under a system that ensures and guarantees individual freedom which motivates human creativity.
III. A “Lebanon” that is committed to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights where international resolutions and conventions are fully respected
Lebanese Option Party seeks that Lebanon becomes a role model and an example in the region and the world by its commitment to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and implementation of international resolutions. While some countries ignore international resolutions and do not implement them, Lebanon should not imitate them and must implement all international resolutions.
Such disobedience must not be reacted to similarly, for an error cannot be addressed by committing another one.
IV: Reaching/Accessing the Civil State
Lebanese Option Party believes that the criteria for the distinction among human beings are their characters, thoughts and their educational attainment and competence, not their sectarian affiliation.
Abolishment of political sectarianism inevitably leads to the application of the principle of “the right man in the right place”.
However, abolishing political sectarianism immediately in the presence of this political class will not lead to the desired results. Indeed, there needs to be a transitional stage, where the application of this principle within the same community, would facilitate its application on the national level at a later stage. In doing so, we put the politicians who claim to stand with the principle of the abolition of political sectarianism, to test regarding the application of the principle of transparency and efficiency within the same community, so they can be subsequently applied all over Lebanon.
The application of the principle of “the right man in the right place” within the same community makes it imperative for the political class to comply with the real conduct of a statement.
This is what will dispel the fears of other communities of the possible elimination of their role, or even their existence.
V. A Lebanese state where law and institutions rule everywhere
Lebanese Option Party believes that accessing to the state where law and institutions rule everywhere requires the achievement of the following goals:
- adopting an electoral law based on proportionality.
- fight against favoritism and dependencies through the adoption of the principle of efficiency in building the public and independent institutions of the State. By doing so, political work will be based on civilized and transparent competition between different political groups, a competition between scientific and practical programs that are made available to the public opinion in order to improve the standard of living of each citizen, solve his core problems and meet his vital needs, such as improving and expanding free medical services, improve public education, address the dilemma of public debt, stimulate economical growth, provide employment opportunities, preserve and protect environment…
- Eliminating corruption by electing to power a political class that has integrity and a high moral character. Such a class would serve as a role model in society.
- fortifying the independence of the judiciary system since it is a key factor in the establishment of a state that protects the constitution, ensures the freedoms and preserves human rights.
VI: To achieve social justice through economical growth that provides employment opportunities for all Lebanese
Lebanese Option Party believes that social justice can be achieved only through the elimination of unemployment and providing employment opportunities for all Lebanese. This can only be achieved by providing an appropriate environment which contributes to reaching high economical growth.
Among the most important factors to achieve this growth are stability and security. For these are very important factors to attract and encourage investment in Lebanon.
And Stability can be achieved only by restricting the responsibility for security and the decision of war and peace within the hands of the Lebanese state, and by the abolition of the “islands of security” that are the antithesis of such a state.
VII: Adoption of administrative decentralization
Building a modern state requires the adoption of administrative decentralization that accelerates the pace of work and productivity, reduces the waste of time, and relieves the citizen from different burdens.
VIII: Providing free medical care and, developing of public education at all levels to match private education
Providing free medical care and improving public education at every level so that it matches the best private educational institutions are two fundamental goals of the Lebanese Option Party. Without a radical solution to these two quandaries, a large segment of the Lebanese people will always remain under the cycle of poverty, incapable of planning for their future.
LOP also intends to work hard to fend away sectarianism and denominationalism from education in public and private schools, and unify the books of Civic Education and History.
IX. Setting off the role of women
The Lebanese Party believes that it is not permissible to marginalize the role of women since they constitute half of society, and since they have proved to assume a great deal of responsibility in various fields.
Relying on their leading role in building the community, LOP believes in the urgent necessity of women’s participation in all ranks of partisan and political life.
These women are entrusted with the construction of the younger generation, the generation of tomorrow; a generation that it is aspired to have the main and effective role to follow up the march of development and modernity.
X. Developing the methodology of the Arab conflict with Israel
The Lebanese Option Party believes that real Arabism is based on science and knowledge.
Looking back at history, when the Arab civilization was ahead of the rest of the civilizations, the Arab scholars, such as Jaber bin Hayyan, Ibn Sina and others, were among the most important scholars who excelled in several areas, including medicine, engineering, mathematics, chemistry, astronomy, etc...
In order to restore the glory of Arab civilization, our society must focus on science and knowledge again, and reject fads, retreats and delusions.
Accordingly, LOP underlines that our struggle with Israel is not just a military conflict, for it should be above all a conflict in the economic, scientific, technological, media, and political levels.
The twenty-first century is an era of development and modernity.
At this time, we can win against Israel, only by keeping up with our era and enhancing innovation and creativity in all of today’s fields.
In fact, the spread of Islamized groups today that carry the slogan of “Elimination of Israel” and states that support these groups have actually presented the best of gifts to Israel. This enemy exploits the existence of these regimes, trends and currents, in the media and on the political level, in order to always portray itself as the victim, thus earning the sympathy of the international community, specifically the Western society. Such sympathy is translated into more political, military, economical and media support to the Israeli entity.